SOUTH CHARLESTON HIGH SCHOOL
CLASS OF 1979

South Charleston Senior High School, South Charleston, West Virginia
 
Home
Addresses
In Memoriam
Lost Eagles
Fun Stuff
Photos
Contact Us
Reunions
   

A Brief History of South Charleston High School

Formerly known as Louden District High School, South Charleston High School was built in 1931 on Third Avenue and "C" Street. This school saw at least four decades of students pass through the doors until the new South Charleston High School was built in 1971 in the Spring Hill area, on the grounds of the old Southmoor Country Club. Prior to the 1931 construction of the building on Third Avenue and "C" Street, the high school students were housed in the school building on "E" Street, which was built in 1925. This building became South Charleston Junior High School when the high school population was moved to the new high school building on Third Avenue and "C" Street. SCHS had one of the largest enrollments by the late 1960's, numbering well over 1100 students.

— From The History of South Charleston, published by the South Charleston Museum Foundation, 1995.


Contact Information

We may be contacted at the e-mail addresses below.

email-addresses

 

http://www.schs1979.org

Webmaster: David G. Simpson
Page last updated: February 7, 2006.